NEWSLETTER: AUGUST 2018
CALL FOR CRN 11 VOLUNTEERS
CRN 11 is recruiting volunteers for the following position:
- Research and Development Committee:
For more information, email: email@example.com.
JOIN CRN 11 RESEARCH COLLABORATORS
Interested in being a bona fide research collaborator with CRN 11? Send an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org including the following:
- biographical sketch (250 words maximum)
- research interests
- list of recent publications
- a headshot (optional), and
- a link to your website
As a CRN 11Research Collaborator, you will have the opportunity to share your draft research papers, chapters or manuscripts with colleagues in order to receive constructive feedback and collaborate on research and publication projects.
BOOKS, REPORTS AND ARTICLES
- Ben Hudson, Migration in the Mediterranean: Exposing the limits of Vulnerability at the European Court of Human Rights, 4 Maritime Safety and Security Law Journal 26 (2018).
- Michał Borodo, Juiane House, & Wojciech Wachowski, Moving Texts, Migrating People and Minority Languages(2018).
- Francis Fukuyama, Identity: The Demand for Dignity and the Politics of Resentment(2018).
- International Migration Outlook 2018, Organization for Economic and Cooperation Development (OECD), June 20, 2018.
- Esther K. Hong, Fixing Deference in Youth Crimmigration Cases, 48 N.M. L. Rev. 330 (2018).
- Sukanya Basu, Age-of-Arrival Effects on the Education of Immigrant Children: A Sibling Study,39 J. of Family and Econ. Issues 474 (2018).
- Jenny McGill, The Migration of International Graduates: Intentions, Outcomes, and Implications,22 J. of Studies in Int’l Education 333 (2018).
- Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, Providing Sanctuary to the Rule of Law: Sanctuary Policies, Lawlessness, and Texas’s Senate Bill 4, 55 Harv. J. on Legis. 237 (2018). [Written by the leading U.S. proponent for state laws quashing local compassionate sanctuary policies, this article lays out the legal arguments to uphold those restrictive laws currently being raised in Texas federal court.]
UPCOMING CONFERENCES AND EVENTS
- Southern Perspectives on Migration: Addressing Knowledge Production, Policies, and Cooperation, International Migration Conference 2018, 5-7 September 2018, Gauteng Province, South Africa.
- Design History Society 2018: Design and Displacement, Parsons School of Design, 6 September 2018, New York, USA.
- Needs and Care Practices for Refugees and Migrants, 1st Annual CESSMIR Conference, 17-19 September 2018, Ghent, Belgium.
- Immigration Law and Policy Conference, 1 October 2018, Georgetown University Law Center, Washington D.C.
- International Conference on Migration Health, 1-3 October 2018, Rome, Italy.
- International Interdisciplinary Conference on Refugees and Forced Immigration, 12-13 October 2018, Istanbul, Turkey.
- International Metropolis Conference, 29 October-2 September 2018, Sydney, Australia.
- A Citizenship Lens on Interactions of Migrant Transnationalism and Integration, Research Symposium/PhD course, 21-23 November 2018, Oslo, Norway.
- UN Intergovernmental Conference 2018, 10-11 December 2018, Marakesh, Morroco.
Venezuela Migration Nears ‘Mediterranean Crisis Point’, BBC News (Aug. 25, 2018).
Boris Jancic, Fixing New Zealand’s Dismal Refugee Figures, TVNZ (Aug. 25, 2018).
Judith Sloan, Malcolm Turnbull’s Failure Was Not to Put Australian Interests First, The Australian (Aug. 25, 2018).
Nick Gillespie, Republicans Are Exploiting the Murder of Mollie Tibbetts, N.Y. Times (Aug. 24, 2018).
Mindy Weisberger, Blue-Eyed Immigrants Transformed Ancient Israel 6,500 Years Ago, Live Science (Aug. 24, 2018).
Phillip Connor, Applications for U.S. Diversity Visa Lottery Remained Near Record in 2017, Pew Research Center (Aug. 23, 2018).
Richard Milne, Europopulism: Immigration Provides Opening for Sweden’s Right Wing, Financial Times (Aug. 15, 2018).
Peter Stubley, Immigration decline Costing UK Economy Billions, Says Think Tank, Independent (July 15, 2018).
Are you interested in volunteering for CRN-11? Visit Displaced Peoples for more information. To subscribe, unsubscribe or submit newsworthy information, send an email to email@example.com.