NEWSLETTER: SEPTEMBER 2018
CALL FOR PAPERS
Law and Society 2019 Washington DC – CRN 11: Invitation to Submit a Paper
As you may know, the Law and Society Annual Meeting 2019 Call for Papers has been issued. CRN 11 invites you to submit a paper(s) to be considered for a panel, salon, or round-table presentation. The LSA 2019 deadline for abstract submission is 7 November 2018. In order to put together a Panel, Salon or Round-Table Presentation on Displaced Peoples, please submit a working title and a brief abstract by 22 October 2018 to email@example.com. For more details on the LSA Call for Papers, click here.
CALL FOR CRN 11 VOLUNTEERS
CRN 11is recruiting volunteers for the following position:
- Research and Development Committee:
JOIN CRN11 RESEARCH COLLABORATORS
Interested in being a bona fide research collaborator with CRN 11? Send an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org the following:
- biographical sketch (250 words maximum)
- research interests
- list of recent publications
- a headshot (optional), and
- a link to your website
As a CRN 11 Research Collaborator, you will have the opportunity to share your draft research papers, chapters or manuscripts with colleagues in order to receive constructive feedback and collaborate on research and publication projects.
BOOKS, REPORTS AND ARTICLES
- Mansha Mirza, Book Review; The Legal Protection of Refugees with Disabilities: Forgotten and Invisible?, International Migration Review (2018).
- Samar Jean El Khoury, Factors That Impact the Sociocultural Adjustment and Well-being of Syrian Refugees in Stuttgart – Germany, British Journal of Guidance and Counselling (2018).
- Aduragbemi Banke-Thomas, Kafuli Agbemenu, Crista Johnson-Agbakwu, Factors Associated with Access to Maternal and Reproductive Health Care among Somali Refugee Women Resettled in Ohio, United States: A Cross-Sectional Survey, Journal of Immigration and Minority Health (2018).
- Mohamed Ouchene, Philippe Massebiau, Sahrawi Livelihoods in Algeria: Building Self-sufficiency, Oxfam (2018)
- Ashley J. Blount, Hannah E. Acquaye, Promoting Wellness in Refugee Populations, Journal of Counselling and Development (2018).
- Shereen Hamadeh, A Critical Analysis of the Syrian Refugee Education Policies in Lebanon Using a Policy Analysis Framework, Journal of Education Policy (2018).
- Lotte De Dchrijver, Tom Vander Beken, Barbara Krahé, Ines Keygnaert, Prevalence of Sexual Violence in Migrants, Applicants for International Protection, and Refugees in Europe: A Critical Interpretive Synthesis of the Evidence,International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (2018).
- Brett Shadle, Refugees in African History, in A Companion to African History by William Worger, Chapter Thirteen (2018).
- Andrés Moya, Michael R. Carter, Violence and Formation of Hopelessness: Evidence From Internally Displaced Persons in Colombia, World Development, Volume 113, January 2019, pp. 100-115
- Vivienne Felix,The Role of Colleges and Universities in Providing Support to Students From Refugee Backgrounds in the United States, in Enakshi Sengupta , Patrick Blessinger , (ed.) Refugee Education: Integration and Acceptance of Refugees in Mainstream Society (Innovations in Higher Education Teaching and Learning, Volume 11) Emerald Publishing Limited, pp. 215 – 228 (2018).
UPCOMING CONFERENCES AND EVENTS
- 2nd International Conference on Europe in Discourse Agendas and Reform, 21-23 September 2018, Athens, Greece.
- The 2ndAnnual Metropolis North America Migration Policy Forum, 27-28 September 2018, Mexico City, Mexico.
- Immigration Law and Policy Conference, 1 October 2018, Georgetown University Law Center, Washington D.C.
- International Conference on Migration Health, 1-3 October 2018, Rome, Italy.
- International Interdisciplinary Conference on Refugees and Forced Immigration, 12-13 October 2018, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Immigration, Refugee, and Humanity, 26-28 October 2018, Kocaeli, Turkey.
- International Metropolis Conference, 29 October-2 September 2018, Sydney, Australia.
- Strangers in New Homelands, 31 October-2 November 2018, Winnipeg, Canada.
- A Citizenship Lens on Interactions of Migrant Transnationalism and Integration, Research Symposium/PhD course, 21-23 November 2018, Oslo, Norway.
- Migrations and Diasporas: 2ndGlobal Conference, 1-2 December 2018, Vienna, Austria.
- UN Intergovernmental Conference 2018, 10-11 December 2018, Marakesh, Morroco.
Demi Knight, Syrian refugees in ‘second stage’ of asylum entering workforce, starting businesses in Lethbridge: family services, Global News (29 August 2018).
Hamdi Issawi, Edmonton to ask province for ‘equitable’ health care for Syrian refugees, The Star Edmonton (4 September 2018).
Leslie Carretero, Morocco: Two migrants die during forced displacement, Info Migrants (7 September 2018).
Bassem Mroue, Jamey Keaten, UN: Syria war displacement this year worst ever, ABC News (12 September 2018).
UN: Syria faces ‘unprecedented’ levels of internal displacement, Aljazeera News (12 September 2018).
Megan Palmer, Doctors Without Borders puts on exhibit on refugee life, Minnesota Daily (17 September 2018).
Mike Corder, International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into Rohingya deportations, The Globe and Mail (18 September 2018).
Greece to ease overcrowding in Lesbos refugee camp, Aljazeera News (18 September 2018).
Zachary Cohen, Elise Labott, Refugee levels are surging worldwide. Trump is slashing the number the US will let in, CNN Politics (18 September 2018).
Memphis Barker, Pakistan’s Imran Khan skirts issue of Afghan refugees’ citizenship, The Guardian (18 September 2018).
Are you interested in volunteering for CRN-11? Visit Displaced Peoplesfor more information. To subscribe, unsubscribe or submit newsworthy information, send an email to email@example.com.