CALL FOR PAPERS
Law and Society 2019 Washington DC – CRN 11: Invitation to Submit a Paper
As you may know, the Law and Society Annual Meeting 2019 Call for Papers has been issued. CRN 11 invites you to submit a paper(s) to be considered for a panel, salon, or round-table presentation. The LSA 2019 deadline for abstract submission is 7 November 2018. In order to put together a Panel, Salon or Round-Table Presentation on Displaced Peoples, please submit a working title and a brief abstract by 22 October 2018 to email@example.com. For more details on the LSA Call for Papers, click here.
CALL FOR CRN 11 VOLUNTEERS
CRN 11is recruiting volunteers for the following position:
- Research and Development Committee:
JOIN CRN 11 RESEARCH COLLABORATORS
- biographical sketch (250 words maximum)
- research interests
- list of recent publications
- a headshot (optional), and
- a link to your website
As a CRN 11Research Collaborator, you will have the opportunity to share your draft research papers, chapters or manuscripts with colleagues in order to receive constructive feedback and collaborate on research and publication projects.
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Political Science, University of Stavanger. Deadline 17 October 2018.
- Associate Professor (tenure track), Political Science, University of Jyväskylä. Deadline 31 October 2018.
- Assistant Professor of Law, University of Copenhagen. Deadline 6 November 2018.
- Assistant Professor or Associate Professor in Social Justice and Human Rights, Arizona State University. Deadline 15 November 2018.
- Postdoctoral Scholar in Social Justice and Human Rights, Arizona State University. Deadline 15 November 2018.
- Assistant Professor in Human Rights in the Middle East, York University. Deadline 30 November 2018.
BOOKS, REPORTS AND ARTICLES
- Ine Cottyn, Livelihood Trajectories in a Context of Repeated Displacement: Empirical Evidence from Rwanda, Sustainability (2018).
- Romeo Ciminello, How to Manage Migration Flows through a New Model of Development: Inter-ethnic Companies a Good of Order in DRC, European Journal of Sustainable Development (2018).
- Daniel MacGuire, The Relationship between National Normative Frameworks on Internal Displacement and the Reduction of Displacement, International Journal of Refugee Law (2018).
- Enakshi Sengupta, Vijay Kapur, Entrepreneurship Education to Create Livelihood among Refugees and Internally Displaced People in the Campus of Kurdistan, Emerald Insight (2018).
- Romola Adeola, Frans Viljoen, Climate Change, Development Projects and Internal Displacement in Africa, Journal of African Law (2018).
- Megan Bradley, Durable Solutions and the Right of Return for IDPs: Evolving Interpretations, International Journal of Refugee Law (2018).
- Bimal Ghosh, Conflicts in Eastern Europe: Exodus from Ukraine and Russia, Refugee and Mixed Migration Flows (2018).
- Leila Hudson, Syrian Refugees in Europe: Migration Dynamics and Political Challenges, New England Journal of Public Policy (2018).
- Padraig O’Malley, Migration and Conflict, New England Journal of Public Policy (2018).
- DTM Libya: IDP & Returnee Report, Round 21, July-August 2018, International Organization for Migration (2018).
- Minority and indigenous Trends 2018: Focus on Migration and Displacement, Minority Rights (2018).
- Twenty Years of the Guiding Principles on Internal Displacement, Forced Migration Review (2018).
- Global Report on Internal Displacement 2018, Internal Displacement Mentoring Centre (2018).
UPCOMING CONFERENCES AND EVENTS
- 34thInternational ESD Conference – XVIII International Social Congress ISC-2018, 18-19 October 2018, Moscow, Russian Federation.
- Immigration, Refugee, and Humanity, 26-28 October 2018, Kocaeli, Turkey.
- International Conference on Law, 26-28 October, Pristina, Kosovo.
- International Metropolis Conference, 29 October-2 November 2018, Sydney, Australia.
- Strangers in New Homelands, 31 October-2 November 2018, Winnipeg, Canada.
- International Conference on Law and Political Science 2018, 21-23 November 2018, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- A Citizenship Lens on Interactions of Migrant Transnationalism and Integration, Research Symposium/PhD course, 21-23 November 2018, Oslo, Norway.
- Migrations and Diasporas: 2ndGlobal Conference, 1-2 December 2018, Vienna, Austria.
- UN Intergovernmental Conference 2018, 10-11 December 2018, Marrakesh, Morocco.
- Migrating World: Interdisciplinary Approaches to Migration and Integration, 23 March 2019, London, United Kingdom.
Babar Baloch, Refugees bear cost of massive underfunding, UNHCR (9 October 2018).
Tendai Marima, Ethiopia’s Anuak refugees are wary of returning home, DW (7 October 2018).
Eromo Egbejule, Death, displacement, trauma: Human cost of the Anglophone crisis, Aljazeera (6 October 2018).
Venezuela forms a Migration Force as thousands continue fleeing, Aljazeera (6 October 2018).
ANSA, Displacement on the rise in DR Congo, UN refugee agency alarmed, Info Migrants (4 October 2018).
Elizabeth Ferris, Walter Kalin, El Salvador has a historic opportunity to address Internal Displacement, Refugees Deeply (4 October 2018).
Robert Muggah, Cities need to welcome – not resist – refugees, City Lab (2 October 2018).
Abdur Rahman Alfa Shaban, Infographic: Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia, Uganda – Disaster displacement figures, Africa News (26 September 2018).
Ahmed Hussen, Marie-Claude Bibeau, Jean-Nicolas Beuze, Why Canada will lead the charge on the UN’s global refugee plan, Maclean’s (24 September 2018).
Mina Al Droubi, UN to vote on final pact to manage refugee crisis, The National (23 September 2018).