CALL FOR CHAIR AND DISCUSSANT FOR CRN 11 PANELS
We are in search of Chair and Discussant for CRN 11 Panels for LSA 2019. If you are interested kindly respond to this email no later than 31 December 2018. Panels will be assigned on a first come first serve basis. To be a chair and/or discussant on CRN 11 panels for LSA 2019, kindly send an email email@example.com expressing your interest.
CALL FOR CRN 11 VOLUNTEERS
CRN 11 is recruiting volunteers for the following position:
- Research and Development Committee
JOIN CRN 11 RESEARCH COLLABORATORS
- biographical sketch (250 words maximum)
- research interests
- list of recent publications
- a headshot (optional), and
- a link to your website
As a CRN 11Research Collaborator, you will have the opportunity to share your draft research papers, chapters or manuscripts with colleagues in order to receive constructive feedback and collaborate on research and publication projects.
CALL FOR PAPERS
International Courts and Tribunals Interest Group – 2019 WIP Conference, Chicago IL, International Courts and Tribunals Interest Group, American Society of International Law. Deadline 24 December 2018.
Migration and Poverty: 2019 Salzburg Conference in Interdisciplinary Poverty Research, University of Salzburg. Deadline 31 January 2019.
The Migration Conference 2019, University of Bari. Deadline January 31 2019.
Workshop: Art and International Courts, Art and International Justice Initiative, Centre for Excellence for International Courts. Deadline 20 April 2019.
CALL FOR AWARD NOMINATIONS
Maria Ioannis Baganha Dissertation Award 2019, IMISCOE. Deadline 15 January 2019.
BOOKS, REPORTS AND ARTICLES
- The Democratic Republic of Congo Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP) 2019-2020, UNHCR (11 December 2018).
- Sara Staedicke, “Silent” Refugee Crises get Limited International Attention, Migration Policy Institute (10 December 2018).
- World Leaders Adopt First-Ever Global Compact on Migration, Outlining Framework on Migration, Outlining Framework to Protect Millions of Migrants, Support Countries Accommodating Them, United Nations (10 December 2018).
- What Drives Internal Displacement? A Machine Learning Approach, Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (December 2018).
- Alice Debarre, Archibald Henry, and Masooma Rahmaty, Reaching Internally Displaced Persons to Achieve the 2030 Agenda, International Peace Institute (29 November 2018).
- Reasons to Remain: Categorizing Protracted Displacement in Iraq, International Organization for Migration (November 2018).
- Stacey Philbrick Yadav, Fragmentation and Localization in Yemen’s War: Challenges and Opportunities for Peace, Crown Center for Middle East Studies (November 2018).
- UnSettlement: Urban Displacement in the 21stCentury, International Displacement Monitoring Centre (November 2018).
UPCOMING CONFERENCES AND EVENTS
- ICRFM 2019: 21stInternational Conference on Refugee and Forced Migration, 14-15 February 2019, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Democratizing Displacement: RSC Conference 2019, 18-19 March 2019, Oxford, England, United Kingdom.
- Migrating World: Interdisciplinary Approaches to Migration and Integration, 23 March 2019, London, England, United Kingdom.
- Canadian Immigration Summit 2019: Expending our Horizons, 9 May 2019, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- 2019 Immigration Law Conference, 17-18 May 2019, Austin, Texas, USA.
- The Migration Conference 2019, 18-20 June 2019, Bari, Italy.
- Senior Lecturer in Law, University of Chester. Deadline 31 December 2018.
- Professor in Public Law and Human Rights, Durham University. Deadline 9 January 2019.
- Dean of Law, Aston University. Deadline 17 January 2019.
- Assistant/Associate/Full Professor in Five Fields of Law, National Chengchi University. Deadline 30 May 2019.
Croatia: Migrants Pushed Back to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Human Rights Watch (11 December 2018).
Kevin Mwanza, War, hunger and a housing boom: welcome to Africa’s most crowded city, Thomson Reuters Foundation (11 December 2018).
Moez Jemal, Radio Migration – the Station with a Different Message about Migration, Inter Press Service (11 December 2018).
Daniel Sullivan, South Sudan Faces one of the World’s Worst Displacement Crises, Inter Press Service (30 November 2018).
Rising to the Challenge: New IOM/IDMC Global Partnership to Address Internal Displacement, IOM UN Migration (29 November 2018).
Ann Deslandes, The other caravan: Mexico has so many internal refugees who aren’t US-bound, TRT World (28 November 2018).
Clyde Hughes, Myanmar authorities hold 93 Rohingya escaping displacement camp, UPI (27 November 2018).
Todd Miller, Why the Migrant Caravan Story Is a Climate Change Story, Yes Magazine (27 November 2018).
Andrés Lizcano Rodriguez, Migrant Caravans: The Tip of the Iceberg, Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (November 2018).
Are you interested in volunteering for CRN-11? Visit Displaced Peoplesfor more information.
To subscribe, unsubscribe or submit newsworthy information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.