Collaborative Research Network (CRN) 11
Displaced Peoples Newsletter
LSA 2019 (WASHINGTON, DC): CRN 11 PRESENTATIONS AND BUSINESS MEETING
- Theme Panel: Internal Displacement (Paper Session)
Thursday, May 30, 8:00 AM – 9:45 AM (Session 1)
Room: Regency A
- Legally Stranded? Administrative Practices & Refugee Rights and Resettlement in Nordic Countries and the U.S.
Friday, May 31, 10:00 AM – 11:45 AM (Session 2)
- Gender/Domestic Violence and Discrimination: Restoring Dignity to (Im)migrant and Indigenous Women
Friday, May 31, 12:45 PM – 2:30 PM (Session 3)
Room: Thornton C
- Resistance, Mortality and Immigration Detention
Saturday, June 1, 2:45 PM – 4:30 PM (Session 4)
- Theme Panel: Border Lives, Sexuality, Refugee Camps: Examining Environmental and Humanitarian Migration
Saturday, June 1, 4:45 PM – 6:30 PM (Session 5)
Room: Congressional D
- Friday, May 31, 6:45 PM – 8:00 PM
Room: Congressional C
- When They Awake by P.J. Marcellino
Saturday, June 1, 7:30 PM
Location: Regency Foyer, Hyatt on Capitol Hill
***For more information, see the LSA 2019 Annual Meeting Full Program***
CALL FOR CRN 11 VOLUNTEERS
CRN 11 is recruiting volunteers for the following position:
- Research and Development Committee
JOIN CRN 11 RESEARCH COLLABORATORS
- biographical sketch (250 words maximum)
- research interests
- list of recent publications
- a headshot (optional), and
- a link to your website
As a CRN 11 Research Collaborator, you will have the opportunity to share your draft research papers, chapters or manuscripts with colleagues in order to receive constructive feedback and collaborate on research and publication projects.
BOOKS, REPORTS AND ARTICLES
- Luis Eduardo Perez Murcia, Where the Heart Is and Where It Hurts: Conceptions of Home for People Fleeing Conflict, Oxford Academic, 19 April 2019.
- Angela G. Subulwa, Urban Refugees, Wiley Online Library, 15 April 2019.
- Jill Koyama and Shyla Gonzalez-Dogğan, Displacement, Replacement, and Fragmentation in Order Making: Enacting Sovereignty in a US-Mexican Border State, Sage Ethnography, 25 April 2019.
- Caroline Lenette, Why Arts-Based Research?: Arts-Based Methods in Refugee Research, Springer Link, 5 May 2019.
- Lucy Hovil, Telling Truths About Migration, International Journal of Transitional Justice, 5 May 2019.
- István Graczjár, Zsofia Nagy, Antal Örkény, Different Type of Solidarity in Times of Crises, Intersections, 3 May 2019.
- Angela Veale, Fiona Shanahan, Alaa Hijazi, and Zeina Osman, Engaging Men to Promote Resilient Communities Among Syrian Refugees in Lebanon, Journal of Mental Health and Psychological Support in Conflict Affected Areas, May 2019.
- Bunty Avieson, Fiona Giles, and Sue Joseph, Still Here: Memoirs of Trauma, Illness, and Loss, Routledge Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Literature, 2019.
- Caroline Lenette, Arts-Based Methods in Refugee Research: Creating Sanctuary, Springer Link, 2019.
- Megan Bradley, James Milner, and Blair Peruniak, Refugees’ Roles in Resolving Displacement and Building Peace: Beyond Beneficiaries, Georgetown University Press, 2019.
UPCOMING CONFERENCES AND EVENTS
- 2019 Immigration Law Conference, 17-18 May 2019, Austin, Texas, USA.
- Law and Society Association Annual Meeting, 30 May-2 June 2019, Washington, D.C., USA.
- RLI 4thAnnual Conference: Rethinking the “Regional” in Refugee Law and Policy, University of London, 3-5 June 2019, London, England, UK.
- International Metropolis Conference, 24-28 June 2019, Ottawa, Ontario, and Gatineau, Quebec, Canada.
- ICFMRS 2019: International Conference on Forced Migration and Refugee Studies, 27-28 June 2019, London, England, UK.
- American Society of Comparative Law 2019 Annual Meeting, 17-19 October 2019, Columbia, MO, USA.
Faster Help Needed for Displaced Refugees in Sri Lanka Following Easter Attacks, UNHCR (10 May 2019).
Italy to ‘Block and Seize’ Refugee Rescue Ship, Aljazeera (10 May 2019).
New Report Shows 41 Million Displaced by Conflict, Tensions, ABC NEWS (10 May 2019).
UNSMIL Concerned by Reports of Air Strikes on Refugee Camps in Libya, Middle East Monitor (10 May 2019).
Valérie Gauriat, Migrants and Greeks in Samos Share Anger and Despair, Euronews (10 May 2019).
Mahwish Qayyum, Why Afghan Refugee Women in Pakistan Fear Repatriation, Aljazeera (9 May 2019).
Zuha Siddiqui, For Afghan Refugees, Pakistan Is a Nightmare, but Also Home, Foreign Policy (9 May 2019).
Zaina Khodr, A Life Displaced: Palestinian Refugees Overcrowd Lebanon’s Camps, Aljazeera (8 May 2019).
Katie Zezima, The U.S. has Slashed Its Refugee Intake, Syrians Fleeing War are Most Affected, The Washington Post (7 May 2019).
Education Above All Foundation and UNHCR in Partnership to Educate 450,000 Displaced Kids, UNHCR (29 April 2019).
Are you interested in volunteering for CRN-11? Visit Displaced Peoplesfor more information.
To subscribe, unsubscribe or submit newsworthy information, send an email to email@example.com