CALL FOR PAPERS
Law and Society 2019 Washington DC – CRN 11: Invitation to Submit a Paper
As you may know, the Law and Society Annual Meeting 2019 Call for Papers has been issued. CRN 11 invites you to submit a paper(s) to be considered for a panel, salon, or round-table presentation. The LSA 2019 deadline for abstract submission is 14 November 2018. For more details on the LSA Call for Papers, click here.
CALL FOR CRN 11 VOLUNTEERS
CRN 11 is recruiting volunteers for the following position:
- Research and Development Committee
JOIN CRN 11 RESEARCH COLLABORATORS
- biographical sketch (250 words maximum)
- research interests
- list of recent publications
- a headshot (optional), and
- a link to your website
As a CRN 11 Research Collaborator, you will have the opportunity to share your draft research papers, chapters or manuscripts with colleagues in order to receive constructive feedback and collaborate on research and publication projects.
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Centre of Excellence in Law, Identity and the European Narratives (Eurostorie), University of Helsinki. Deadline 18 November 2018.
- Lecturer in Law, Coventry University. Deadline 21 November 2018.
- Assistant Professor/ Senior Researcher Associate/ Research Associate, Jindal Global Law School. Deadline 22 November 2018.
- Lecturer in Law and Human Rights, Sheffield Hallam University. Deadline 25 November 2018.
- Assistant Professor in Crime, Law, and Security, University of Waterloo. Deadline 30 November 2018.
- Assistant Professor in Human Rights in the Middle East, York University. Deadline 30 November 2018.
- Professor of Law (Open Rank), Hamad Bin Khalifa University. Deadline 15 December 2018.
- Associate Professor and Assistant Professor in Legal Studies, St. Jerome’s University. Deadline 15 January 2019.
BOOKS, REPORTS AND ARTICLES
- Report: IOF Continue Systematic Crimes in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, Palestine News Network (8 November 2018).
- Kevin Sullivan and Maya Averbuch, photos and videos by Carolyn Van Houten and Jorge Ribas, Finding a way to America: One family journeys with the caravan from Honduras to seek asylum in the United States, even if it’s a costly gamble, The Washington Post (1 November 2018).
- Erlend Paasche, Elites and emulators: The evolution of Iraqi Kurdish asylum Migration to Europe, Migration Studies (31 October 2018).
- Refugees, Migrants Branded ‘Threats’, Dehumanized in Campaigns Seeking Political Gain, Higher Commissioner Tells third Committee, Appealing for Return to Dignity, UN (31 October 2018).
- Abigail R. Benhura, Maheshvari Naidu, Humanitarianism in Praxis? Probing Power Dynamics around Key Actors in Zimbabwe’s Forced Migration, Journal of International Migration and Integration (25 October 2018).
- Paiman Ahmad, The Middle East Refugee Crisis: Syria and Iraq Case, Migration and Crime (24 October 2018).
- Alexander Betts and Paul Collier, How Europe Can Reform Its Migration Policy, Foreign Affairs (5 October 2018).
- Andrey Damaledo, Divided Loyalties: Displacement, Belonging and Citizenship among East Timorese in West Timor, Australian National University Press (2018).
- Matilde Ventrella, Smuggling of Migrants by Sea: EU Legal Framework and Future Perspective, Vandeplas Publishing (2018).
- UNHCR’s Support toward the Implementation of the Solutions Strategy for Afghan Refugees: Enhancing Resilience and Co-Existence through Greater Responsibility-Sharing, UNHCR (2018).
UPCOMING CONFERENCES AND EVENTS
- International Conference on Law and Political Science 2018, 21-23 November 2018, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- A Citizenship Lens on Interactions of Migrant Transnationalism and Integration, Research Symposium/PhD course, 21-23 November 2018, Oslo, Norway.
- Migrations and Diasporas: 2ndGlobal Conference, 1-2 December 2018, Vienna, Austria.
- UN Intergovernmental Conference 2018, 10-11 December 2018, Marrakesh, Morocco.
- Migrating World: Interdisciplinary Approaches to Migration and Integration, 23 March 2019, London, United Kingdom.
Mary Anastasia O’Grady, The Drug War and the Caravan, The Wall Street Journal (11 November 2018).
Sally Hayden, Inside Libyan detention ‘hell’ where refugee burned himself alive, Aljazeera (11 November 2018).
Vanessa Thorpe, Reunited: Syrian refugee and the artist who drew him in Calais, The Observer (10 November 2018).
‘America’s always had a love-hate relationship with immigration’: The caravan and the country’s immigrant past, CBC Radio (9 November 2018).
Jared Ferrie, Bangladesh silent on Canadian offer to take Rohingya refugees: Officials, The Globe and Mail (8 November 2018).
Number of refugees and migrants from Venezuela reaches 3 million, UNHCR (8 November 2018).
Ruma Paul, Poppy McPherson, Rohingya fleeing Myanmar and Bangladesh camps by boat, evoking memories of 2015 tragedy, The Globe and Mail (8 November 2018).
Amindeh Blaise Atabong, The abduction of 78 school students in Cameroon’s Anglophone region could be another Chibok, Quartz Africa (6 November 2018).
Sonia Perez D., Exhausted and confused: Migrant caravan of 4,000 lumber through Mexico on way to U.S., Global News (3 November 2018).
Michel Hill, Synagogue shooter was obsessed with Jewish refugee agency, National Post (30 October 2018).
Jason Markusoff, Anti-Semitism and anti-refugee attitudes share the same poisonous roots, Maclean’s (28 October 2018).
Critical UNHCR aid reaches over 150,000 displaced Yamenis, UNHCR (26 October 2018).