NEWSLETTER: JANUARY 2019
HAPPY NEW YEAR CRN 11 FAMILY
CALL FOR CRN 11 VOLUNTEERS
CRN 11is recruiting volunteers for the following position:
- Research and Development Committee
JOIN CRN 11 RESEARCH COLLABORATORS
Interested in being a bona fide research collaborator with CRN 11? Send an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org including the following:
- biographical sketch (250 words maximum)
- research interests
- list of recent publications
- a headshot (optional), and
- a link to your website
As a CRN 11Research Collaborator, you will have the opportunity to share your draft research papers, chapters or manuscripts with colleagues in order to receive constructive feedback and collaborate on research and publication projects.
CALL FOR PAPERS
Migration and Poverty: 2019 Salzburg Conference in Interdisciplinary Poverty Research, University of Salzburg. Deadline 31 January 2019.
The Migration Conference 2019, University of Bari. Deadline January 31 2019.
Intra-Regional Migration in Africa: Logic, Practices, and Challenges, MIASA. Deadline 4 February 2019.
(Re)conceptualizing Displacement, Johns Hopkins University. Deadline 10 February 2019.
Human Rights and International Legal Discourse, Human Rights and International Legal Discourse. Deadline 15 February 2019.
Ethics and Displacement, Forced Migration Review. Deadline 18 February 2019.
Workshop: Art and International Courts, Art and International Justice Initiative, Centre for Excellence for International Courts. Deadline 20 April 2019.
BOOKS, REPORTS AND ARTICLES
- Sergio Carrera, Valsamis Mitsilegas, Jennifer Allsopp, and Lina Vosyliüté, Policing Humanitarianism: EU Policies Against Human Smuggling and Their Impact on Civil Society, Hart Publishing (24 January 2019).
- Malala Yousafzai, We Are Displaced: My Journey and Stories from Refugee Girls Around the World, The Orion Publishing Group (15 January 2019).
- Saša Rajšić, Becoming Better “Border Crossers”? Collaborations and Transformations Across the Arts and Social Sciences, SOAS University of London, LIDC Migration Leadership Team (3 January 2019).
- Pascale Allotey and Daniel D. Reidoath, editors, The Health of Refugees: Public Health Perspectives from Crisis to Settlement, Second Edition, Oxford University Press (2019).
- Marie McAuliffe, The Link Between Migration and Technology Is Not What You Think, World Economic Forum (14 December 2018).
- Heaven Crawley and Jessica Hagen-Zanker, Deciding Where to Go: Policies, People and Perception Shaping Destination Preferences,International Migration (10 December 2018).
- Building Bridges Not Walls: Key Lessons from the 2019 Global Education Monitoring Report on Migration and Displacement, Migration Policy Institute (20 November 2018).
- Gunnar Stange and Patrick Sakdapolrak, Editorial: Forced Migration in Southeast Asia, Austrian Journal of South-East Asian Studies (2018).
- Romuald Likibi, Les Personnes déplacées interes en Afrique: repère juridiques et réalitées, Contribution à l’étude de la Convention de Kampala (Internally Displaced Persons in Africa: Legal Benchmarks and Realties, Contribution to the Study of Kampala Convention), Publibook (December 2018).
UPCOMING CONFERENCES AND EVENTS
- ICRFM 2019: 21stInternational Conference on Refugee and Forced Migration, 14-15 February 2019, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Democratizing Displacement: RSC Conference 2019, 18-19 March 2019, Oxford, England, United Kingdom.
- Migrating World: Interdisciplinary Approaches to Migration and Integration, 23 March 2019, London, England, United Kingdom.
- Canadian Immigration Summit 2019: Expending our Horizons, 9 May 2019, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- 2019 Immigration Law Conference, 17-18 May 2019, Austin, Texas, USA.
- The Migration Conference 2019, 18-20 June 2019, Bari, Italy.
- Dean of Law, Aston University. Deadline 17 January 2019.
- Bora Laskin Faculty of Law, Dean, Lakehead University. Deadline 20 January 2019.
- Post-Doc Researcher in International Relations and Project Assistant for the MAGYC Project, Maastricht Centre for Citizenship, Migration, and Development. Deadline 25 January 2019.
- Professor of European Migration Law, Radbound University. Deadline 27 January 2019.
- Canada Research Chair (Tier 2) in Innovation, Law and Society, Osgoode Hall Law School, York University. Deadline 1 February 2019.
- Assistant/Associate/Full Professor in Five Fields of Law, National Chengchi University. Deadline 30 May 2019.
France’s “Yellow Vest” Protests: Timeline of Unrest, The Local (13 January 2019).
Justine Hunter, Brent Jang, Wendy Stueck, Shawn McCarthy, This Pipeline Is Challenging Indigenous law and Western law. Who Really Owns the Land?, The Globe and Mail (12 January 2019).
Protests Against Serbia’s President Vučić Enter Sixth Week, Reuters (12 January 2019).
Karen DeYoung, Louisa Loveluck, and John Hudson, U.S. Military Announces Start of Syria Withdrawal, The Washington Post (11 January 2019).
Mike Blanchfield, Canada Grants Asylum to Saudi Woman Who Escaped to Thailand, The Star (11 January 2019).
Myanmar Court Rejects Appeal by Jailed Reuters Journalists, Aljazeera (11 January 2019).
“Dangerous and Unseemly Spectacle” Must Spur Action to Save Lives at Sea, Amnesty (9 January 2019).
Nick Megoran, Need to Solve a Border Dispute? Look to Ethiopia or Uzbekistan, News Deeply (9 January 2019).
Patrick Kingsley, Stranded Migrants Are Finally Brought to Shore After 19 Days, The New York Times (9 January 2019).
Harry Enten, The Majority of Americans Are Against Trump on the Wall and the Shutdown, CNN Politics (8 January 2019).
Are you interested in volunteering for CRN-11? Visit Displaced Peoplesfor more information.
To subscribe, unsubscribe or submit newsworthy information, send an email to email@example.com.